LOVE + TECH:
How Technology Is Redefining Chemistry & Romance
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 | Projective Space (NYC)
What is the role of technology in modern love? Watch a heated and candid discussion with leading and emerging dating platforms in NYC about the role of technology in modern dating and relationship maintenance through TechSeri.es' Dating + Tech: How Technology Is Redefining Online Dating. Topics included the ever-growing impact of big data, mobile, and geolocation technologies on online and offline dating behaviors.
Read external coverage on CNBC!
Online dating start-ups get real | Deborah Findling | CNBC | 10/25/13
Read our own coverage!
Heated Discussions Over Love, Chemistry and Technology | Lisa Nguyen | TechSeri.es | 10/24/13
+ 1 packed house
+ 70 people attended, including press
+ 1 TED speaker
+ 3 amazing dating & tech industry experts & disruptors
= ANOTHER AMAZING EVENT
Cindy Gallop | Founder @ MLNP.tv and If We Ran The World
Cindy Gallop started up Bartle Bogle Hegarty New York in 1998 and in 2003 was named Advertising Woman of the Year. She is the founder of www.IfWeRanTheWorld.com, marketing software (and Harvard Business School case study) that enables co-action programs for brands and consumers that result in Action Branding: ‘Feel it, do it, be it’. She also founded www.makelovenotporn.com and recently launched https://www.makelovenotporn.tv/ in beta: ‘Pro-sex. Pro-porn. Pro-knowing the difference’. She speaks at conferences around the world and consults, describing her consultancy approach as ‘I like to blow shit up. I am the Michael Bay of business.’
Twitter: @cindygallop | @makelovenotporn | @ifwerantheworld
Aaron Schildkrout | Co-Founder & Co-CEO @ HowAboutWe.com
Aaron Schildkrout is the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of HowAboutWe.com, the modern love company. Recognizing technology's capacity to facilitate offline experiences, Aaron launched HowAboutWe in 2010 with childhood friend, Brian Schechter, with the goal of creating a new way for people to find and sustain love in the modern world.
Twitter: @Schildkrout | @HowAboutWe
Lori Cheek | Founder & CEO @ Cheek'd
Lori Cheek graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Architecture. She spent 15 years working in the fields of architecture, design, and furniture for companies such as Christian Dior, Vitra & Karkula. A few years ago she came up with the idea for connecting singles via personal cards with clever catch phrases and unique ID numbers. This idea led to her 2010, self-funded launch of Cheek'd. Lori has been a staple on the NYC Tech Scene ever since.
Twitter: @loricheekNYC | @cheekd
Founder & President, Janis Spindel - Serious Matchmaking
Janis Spindel is the Founder and President of Janis Spindel, Serious Matchmaking, which specializes in pairing up well-educated, attractive, upscale single professionals all over the country. Her company has also recently started its own free online dating site, 2LoveToday, for which her staff does matching work for members who pay for premium service. Janis has been featured on Dr. Phil, The Today Show, ABC Nightline News, CNN, Fox, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times Magazine and more. She is also an award-winning author with two bestselling books: "Get Serious About Getting Married: 365 Proven Ways To Find Love In Less Than One Year" and "How to Date Men: Dating Secrets From America's Top Matchmaker.
Other Topical News:
- Charades gets flirty on your phone with new Dallas-based dating app | Culture Map | Jonathan Rienstra | 10/16/13
- How to Make Time for Online Dating When You're Crazy Busy | LifeHacker | Elizabeth Grace Saunders | 10/16/13
- The Rise of Niche Online Dating Sites: Finding Love With a Farmer, a Gluten-Free Eater or Ayn Rand Fan | Wall Street Journal | Angela Chen | 10/15/13
- How Tinder Solved Online Dating for Women | NYMag | Ann Friedman | 10/10/13
- Online Relationships Make Better Marriages, Last Longer | The Inquisitr | 10/10/13
- Mench'd App Helps Gay Men Date To Find Long-Term Relationships | Huffington Post | James Nichols | 10/3/13
- Wonderfully nerdy online dating success stories, inspired by today’s talk about the algorithm of love | TED BLog | Jessica Gross | 10/2/13
- Online Dating Vs. Offline Dating: Pros and Cons | Huffington Post | Julie Spira | 10/3/13
- How Online Dating Sites Use Data to Find 'The One' | Mashable | Samantha Murphy Kelly | 9/14/13
- The Top 10 Searches for Online Dating Sites | Mashable | Matt Petronzio | 9/8/13
- Online Dating Profiles Readers Say Their Exes Should Have | Huffington Post | 7/15/13
- Online Dating Stats | Statistic Brain | 6/18/13
- Amy Webb: How I hacked online dating | TEDSalon NY2013 | 4/13
- A look at OKCupid’s algorithm: Getting personal with TED-Ed for Valentine’s Day | TED | Kate Torgovnick, 2/13/13
- Dating and the challenge of too many choices | CNN "the chart" blog | Ian Kerner, 1/26/13
- The Dubious Science of Online Dating | NY Times | Eli J. Finkel and Benjamin R. Karney, 2/11/12
- Online dating: Is it worth it? See what a study says, and share your stories | Washington Post | Ellen McCarthy | 2/7/12
- Dating Stats You Should Know: Numbers about love that make a difference | Match | Meredith Broussard